The Gilson SM-6SL Series Laboratory Split-O-Matic® Splitter with 0.8ft³ (23L) hopper capacity is optimal for large samples that must be quickly and accurately reduced. With a single pass, this unit processes bulk samples of granular materials into small fractions for efficient preparation of test specimens. This Splitter is well-suited for aggregates, sand, gravel, ores, coal and coke or other free-flowing granular materials up to 1/4in (6mm) topsize.
Exclusive Gilson three stage design allows the user to select sample fractions of 1/2, 1/4, or 1/8 of bulk sample. A selection lever sets internal sample fraction positions, directing selected fraction to the sample pan and the balance to the reject pan. V-bottom chutes precisely align material flow for more accurate divisions. Sample hoppers have a gate-release mechanism for greater control of sample dividing and even distribution of material over the chutes. The SM-6SL has 18 chutes per stage and chute bar width of 1/2in (13mm). Chutes are sloped at 45 degrees.
Laboratory Splitter has heavy, welded-steel construction with painted and baked finish. Front panel doors latch shut for superior dust control and open wide for easy cleaning. Sample pans are included, and are size-matched to hopper capacity. Bottom flange is suitable for anchored or freestanding lab use.
- Optimal for quickly and accurately reducing large samples
- Efficiently prepares test samples in a single pass
- Gate-release hopper offers greater accuracy and control of sample dividing
- Three-stage design delivers testing versatility with user-selectable sample fractions
- V-bottom chutes precisely align material flow for more accurate divisions
- Compliant with ASTM and AASHTO standards
- Gilson 0.8ft³ Hopper Laboratory Split-O-Matic® Splitter w/ 18 Chutes, 45 degree Chute Angle
- Sample Hopper
- Sample Pans
Hopper Capacity 0.8ft³ (23L)
Chutes per Stage 18
Chute Angle 45 degrees
Sample Fractions 1/2, 1/4, 1/8
Chute Width 1/2in (13mm)
Maximum Particle Size 1/4in (6mm)
Product Dimensions without Hopper 22 x 13 x 40in (559 x 330 x 1,016mm), W x D x H
Meets Test Method:
AASHTO T 248 , ASTM C778 , AASHTO R 76 , ASTM C702/702M , ASTM D75/75M