This Porous Stone is 3.985 x 3.985in (101.2 x 101.2mm) WxD and 0.25in (6.4mm) thick. It is machined from superior aluminum oxide material. These stones are used when testing soil specimens to allow free movement of water or other permeants.
- Precisely sized square shape
- Quality aluminum oxide material
We offer a complete selection of Porous Stones for a variety of laboratory geotechnical applications, including triaxial shear, permeability, direct shear, consolidation and more.
Porous stones allow water and other permeants to flow and be measured during test procedures while minimizing the fine particles within the sample from potentially entering the test system. High quality stones have a permeability range of 15-18ft3 (424-510l) of air per square foot and an average pore size of 179um. All Porous stones are available for immediate shipment.
- Aluminum Oxide Round Porous Stones are the most popular and available in the widest range of diameters, and come in 0.25in (6.3mm) or 0.5in (12.5mm) thicknesses.
- Sintered Bronze Round Porous Stones are available in variety of popular sizes, and have 0.125in (3.2mm) or 0.25in (6.3mm) thicknesses.
- Aluminum Oxide Square Porous Stones are 0.25in thick and machined from aluminum oxide. They are available in sizes ranging from 1.953 x 1.953in (50 x 50mm) to 3.985 x 3.985in (101 x 101mm).
Meets Test Method:
|Size||3.985 x 3.985in (101.2 x 101.2mm)|