3in Diameter ASTM Precision Electroformed Sieves
Electroformed sieve frames are stainless steel 8in (203.2mm) or 3in (76.2mm) diameter, full or half-height sieves. The Precision Electroformed cloth used in them is formed by electrodeposition of nickel compound to a base grid to form a mesh with very precise square openings.
All Precision Electroformed sieves meet the requirements of ASTM E161, with tolerances of ±2μm. Each sieve is measured and supplied with a Certificate of Compliance. While the initial price of Electroformed Sieves is substantially higher than woven wire sieves, their accuracy, efficiency and size range often make them a better solution for precision particle sizing operations.
Stacking heights for 8in diameter frames are 2in (50.8mm) and 1in (25.4mm). For 3in frames, stacking heights are 3in (76.2mm) and 1in (25.4mm). The Lines Per Inch (LPI) value in the Specifications Tab indicates the number of openings occurring in one linear inch (25.4mm). Higher LPIs are more fragile while low LPIs have thicker metal, but fewer openings.
3in (76mm) diameter ASTM Precision Electroformed Test Sieve has nickel woven-wire cloth with 25µm opening size and half height stainless steel frame.
Works well for very fine powders when used with Vibratory Sieve Shakers or Sonic Sifters.
- Greater accuracy of ±2µm for precision particle sizing operations compared to woven wire sieves
- Ideal choice for very fine powders when used with vibratory or sonic shakers
- Reliable reference standard when calibrated with glass beads or other reference materials
- 3in Precision Electroform Sieve, Half Height, 25um
- Certificate of Compliance
- V3SHXPN 3in All Stainless Sieve Pan, Half Height to collect fines passing through bottom sieve
- V3SHXPE 3in All Stainless Extended Rim Pan, Half Height fits between sieves to collect fines from top sieves
- V3SFXCV 3in All Stainless Sieve Cover to prevent sample loss or contamination
- V3SFXCR 3in All Stainless Sieve Cover with Ring used with 3in pans to prevent sample loss or contamination