The Vacuum Pycnometers are for determining maximum specific gravity in bituminous paving mixtures. The Vacuum Pycnometers meet ASTM D2041 and AASHTO T 209 standards, and are used with the Rice Shakers for Specific Gravity & Asphalt Rice Test.
The 4,000g Pycnometer features increased sample capacity over the 2,000g Pycnometer. Its 7.5x9in (191x229mm) Dia.xD Aluminum volumetric canister has enough volume for specimens up to 4,000g. Included transparent acrylic Vacuum Lid and Aluminum Lid with capillary bore are identical to 2,000g Pycnometer lids for use in specific gravity determinations of compacted bituminous mixtures. Vacuum tubing 3/8x48in (9.5x1,219mm) ID x L, quick-disconnect, and a 3/8in (9.5mm) threaded vacuum aspirator are also included.
- Doubles as a specific gravity gauge for bituminous mixtures and compacted specimens
- Meets ASTM D2041 and AASHTO T 209 requirements
- SG-16A holds up to a 2,000g maximum sample, while SG-18A can accommodate up to 4,000g
- 4,000g Pycnometer
- Vacuum Lid
- Aluminum Lid with capillary bore
- Vacuum 3/8in Tubing with threaded vacuum aspirator
Meets both ASTM D 2041 and AASHTO T209.
Meets Test Methods:
ASTM D 2041