Sand Augers have partially closed bodies with closed bits that aid in sample retention when sampling sand and dry, loose, granular soils. These units are 18in (457mm) in overall length, and available in carbon steel or stainless steel models with 3 or 4in (76 or 102mm) diameters. Carbon Steel models work well in most applications while the Stainless-Steel auger performs best for environmental sampling with minimal contamination.
Augers are equipped with a hexagonal connection with hole for a locking pin. Quick-Connect Pins are purchased separately to easily and securely connect augers to extensions with quick-connect fittings.
SP-272 Stainless Steel Sand Auger has a 4in (102mm) diameter
- Design helps prevent sample loss in loose, granular soils
- Come in carbon or stainless steel models
- Hexagonal connections for fast, secure attachment
- Stainless Sand Auger, 4in dia.
- Quick Connect Pins in stainless or carbon steel connect to extensions
- SPA-255 Quick-Connect Auger Adapter connect to threaded rods
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Product Dimensions: 4 x 18in (102 x 457mm) Dia. x L
- Estimated Shipping Weight: 3.0lb (1.36kg)