Asphalt Mix Design Marshall Testing Equipment
The MS-43F Asphalt Tack Bond Shear Strength Apparatus is used in a Marshall Stability Test Load Frame to measure shear strength of tack coat material between two asphalt layers. The heavy steel frame holds fixed and moveable shear plates. The moveable plate is centered over the shear plane and features roller bearings to minimize drag. Lateral load on the specimen is controlled by a calibrated spring and a dial indicator displays force. The shear plane gap is 0.5 inches (12.5mm), and maximum shear travel is also 0.5 inches (12.5 mm). Adapters are included for testing either 4in (102mm) or 6in (152mm) diameter samples. The Tack Bond Shear Strength Apparatus is compatible with MS-86, MS-398, and HM-398 Gilson Load Frames and most Marshall Load Frames with daylight openings of at least 10in (254mm).
MS-43F Asphalt Tack Bond Shear Strength Apparatus accommodates testing of 100mm and 150mm Marshall specimens.
- Optimal method for measuring shear strength of tack coat between two layers of asphalt
- Roller bearings minimize drag
- Compatible with Gilson Load Frames and most Marshall Load Frames
- Asphalt Tack Bond Shear Apparatus for 100 and 150mm samples
- Adapters for testing 4in or 6in samples
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 22 x 9.5in (229 x 559 x 241mm), WxDxH
- Estimated Shipping Weight: 40.0lb (18.14kg)
- AASHTO TP 114