ASTM Sand & Gravel Permeameters determine the coefficient of permeability by the constant head method for laminar flow of water through granular soils. Permeameters are offered in diameters from 2.5in (63.5mm) — 9in (229mm), allowing permeability tests on granular soils with particle top sizes up to 0.75in (19mm).
Clear acrylic sample chambers allow easy viewing during test procedure. Two manometer ports are vertically spaced at a distance equal to the chamber diameter. No. 100 brass mesh at each port prevents migration of material into the manometer. A spring is incorporated into the top cap to apply 5-10lbs force against the top stone or plate to prevent soil density changes during the test. Anodized aluminum end caps are fitted with valves and ports for vacuum and water sources. Tubing is included. Two Porous Stones each are included with the 2.5in (63.5mm), 3in (76.2mm) and 4.5in (114.3mm) permeameters, while the 6in (152.4mm) and 9in (228.6mm) diameter chambers are each supplied with two Perforated Plates. Either the 3860 Wall Mounted Manometer or 3861 Free Standing Manometer is required and must be purchased separately. Both feature a 100cm graduated scale and valves.
- Meet ASTM and AASHTO requirements for constant head permeability measurements of granular soils up to 0.75in (19.0mm) topsize
- No. 100 mesh placed over manometer ports prevents loss of soil materials
- Different diameters for a wide range of particle top sizes
- Rugged acrylic and anodized aluminum construction
- ASTM Sand & Gravel Permeameter
- Two Porous Stones
- No. 100 Stainless Steel Mesh
- Tubing for Water Supply
Meets Test Methods:
ASTM D 2434