The Buildera CRACKMON® 5020AV Caliper Crack Monitor is a proven, professional-grade crack monitor (tell tale) for the repair, restoration, and long-term monitoring of concrete, masonry, plaster, stucco, and steel structures. Extended measurement range to ±25 mm supports expansion-joint measurements and larger crack-widths typical of unreinforced masonry (URM) foundations and buildings (URB).
Convenient integrated caliper standoffs improve measurement discrimination by a factor of 10 or more when using a quality digital calipers, such as Mitutoyo®, Starrett® or similar. Calipers are not included and must be purchased separately.
Buildera co-developed the CRACKMON 5020AV leveraging Buildera's patent-pending magnitude-measurement grid and TickPoints with Avongard UK precision injection molding. The result is one of the most advanced crack monitors available today, offering exceptional measurement precision, crack range, and installation ease using epoxy or fasteners.
- Airports, bridges, dams, highways, power plants
- Basements, beams, foundations, retaining walls, seismic retrofits, unreinforced masonry (URM/URB)
- Commercial and residential structures, historic monuments
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- 50-mm crack-width measurement range: ±25 mm (±0.98”) (X) and ±10 mm (±0.38”) (Y)
- High resolution: ±1 mm (±0.04”) on X-Y axes; ±0.5 mm (±0.02”) visual discrimination
- Enhanced measurements: Exclusive, patent-pending polar-magnitude grid with Buildera TickPoints™ improve measurement accuracy
- Caliper-ready: Integrated digital caliper standoffs improve resolution to ±.025 mm (.001”)
- Easy alignment: Four removable pins keep CRACKMON 5020AV perfectly aligned during installation
- Rugged: Impact-resistant polycarbonate construction withstands extreme temperatures and tampering
- Advanced Engineering: Proprietary measurement grid engineered in the USA by Buildera, injection-molded in the UK by Avongard Ltd
Individual units sealed in a heavy-duty polybag. Includes installation instructions with crack-progress chart. Mounting hardware and epoxy sold separately.
Install using thixotropic 5-minute epoxy (Buildera STRUPOXY™ or similar) and/or #6 flat-head stainless-steel sheet-metal screws with 3/16" (5 mm) plastic anchors. Epoxy and fasteners sold separately.