The California Splitter was designed by and constructed for the California Department of Transportation to meet CalTrans 201 requirements for coarse aggregate splitters. The large capacity, 1.9ft³ (53.8L) gate-release hopper assures accuracy when mixing and dividing bulk aggregate into representative samples. Ten 2-1/4in (57.2mm) fixed chutes process particle sizes up to 1-1/8in (28.6mm). The sturdy, heavy-gauge welded steel frame with painted, baked finish is built for extended service life with heavy use. Swivel casters permit mobility and easy storage. Reinforced pans have sturdy handles for convenient handling of heavy samples.
California Sample Splitter, w/Steel Pans is supplied with standard steel sample pans.
- Compliant with CalTrans 201 specifications for coarse aggregate splitters
- Large-capacity gate-release hopper delivers representative samples
- Durable steel frame designed for extended service life
- Swivel casters promote lab mobility
- Compliant with ASTM, AASHTO and California standards
- California Splitter
- Two 1.2ft³ (34L) capacity, welded steel sample pans
Maximum Particle Size 1-1/8in (28.6mm)
Hopper Capacity 1.9ft³ (53.8L)
Number of Chute Bars 10
Chute Width 2.25in (57.2mm)
Product Dimensions 29 x 28 x 46in (737 x 711 x 1,169mm), WxDxHProduct Manual
Meets Test Method:
AASHTO T 248 , CALIFORNIA 201 , ASTM C702/702M