TR-254K DGSI 4-inch Passive Skimmer | DGSI Slope Indicator Passive Remediation
Includes skimmer, 0.45 gal canister, and well clincher with 30 ft of nylon cord
- The Passive Skimmer utilizes the F.A.P. Plus™ skimmer to provide a 36-in floating intake for the recovery of free phase products such as gasoline, diesel and jet fuel.
- It is used when minimal product is present or slow recovery rates are expected.
- For passive recovery of products with higher than 80 SSU, the 4 in high viscosity skimmer (TR-25410) is used.
- This system provides a floating intake of 30 inches.
- Minimum submergence:
- 2″ skimmer: 53″ minimum
- 4″ skimmer: 54″ minimum
Applications of the Passive Skimmer include
- Floating inlet automatically adjusts to water table changes. Passive LNAPL recovery
- Use when minimal product is present or slow recovery rates are expected 2″ and larger wells
- May be upgraded to an active system by adding the F.A.P. Plus™ Pump
Product Recovery Canister
The clear PVC collection canister uses a quick connect fitting to attach it to the skimmer and provides venting through the skimmer support hollow rod. The bottom of the canister incorporates a petcock for easy draining. The petcock assembly can be removed allowing an extension canister to be threaded into the existing canister to increase the volume of free product that can be recovered. Additional weights are included with each canister and must be used for proper installation.
Well Clincher and Cord
The Well Clincher and 50 ft Nylon® suspension cord are used to support the passive skimmer in the recovery well. The clincher incorporates an eye hook to attach the suspension cord. Correct measurement of the product water interface is necessary to properly position the passive skimmer.
2" Model | 4" Model
- Length: 93.5 in | 93.5 in
- Outside Dia.: 1.75 in | 3.5 in
- Effective Travel: 36 in (30 in for High-Viscosity Skimmer)
- Canister Volume: 0.13 gal | 0.45 gal
- Canister Length: 24 in | 15 in
- Min. Water Depth: 50.5 in
- Weight: 4 lb | 6 lb
- Extension Canister Length: 18 in | 16.5 in
- Extension Canister Volume: 0.10 gal (Additional) | 0.52 gal (Additional)
- Materials: UHMW polyethylene, stainless steel hollow rod and clamps, urethane tubing, polyethylene hydrophobic filter, Nitrophyl fl oat material, brass fittings, PVC tubing mouldings.
- Passive Skimmer Brochure (PDF)
- F.A.P. Plus™ Pump System product sheet (PDF)
- F.A.P. Plus™ ZW pump product sheet (PDF)