Asphalt Specific Gravity Testing Equipment
MA-170C undergoes multi-point calibration at 25, 30 and 35mm Hg on NIST traceable equipment, and is supplied with a NIST Calibration Certificate to meet AASHTO T209 requirements.
The Digital Absolute Pressure Manometer is widely used for the asphalt Rice Test and is a safe, accurate and environmentally-friendly alternative for measuring vacuum levels for all lab applications. These models meet the requirements of ASTM D2041 and AASHTO T 209 to measure specific gravity and density of asphalt mixtures, often called the Rice Test.
The gauge is mercury-free and uses an absolute pressure transducer to give instant digital display of applied vacuum from 0 to 1,000mm Hg with 0.1mm resolution. Digital readings are provided on an easy-to-read backlit display. Accuracy is ±0.5% of full scale. A 0.25in hose barb connection with a needle valve is supplied for vacuum tubing. Powered by a 9V battery or AC adapter, both included. Automatic shut-off saves power in battery mode.
NIST calibration or recalibration is available by ordering MAA-25 Calibration.
- Optimal method for fast, accurate vacuum pressure measurements
- Easy to read digital display
- Mercury-free alternative for safe asphalt Rice testing
- NIST Traceable multi-point certification available
- Digital Absolute Pressure Manometer, 115V/60Hz
- Hose barb connection with needle valve
- AC adapter
- 9V battery
- MAA-25 Digital Absolute Pressure Manometer Calibration for NIST calibration or recalibration
- Accuracy: ±0.5% of full scale
- Resolution: 0.1mm
- Display: Digital
- Electrical: 115V/60Hz
- Power Requirements: 9V Battery or AC adapter
- Product Dimensions: 3.1 x 6.5 x 1.18in (78.7 x 165.1 x 30mm) WxDxH
- Estimated Shipping Weight: 3.0lb (1.36kg)
- AASHTO T 209
- ASTM D2041/2041M
- Product Manual (PDF)