Turf-Tec is proud to introduce a reliable, lightweight infrared thermometer that is ideal for checking temperatures on turfgrass areas, in addition, this unique tool also has a removable sensing probe that also can give direct soil readings.
The Turf-Tec Infrared Turf Thermometer with probe is easy to use, and since it does not have to make contact with the turf, it is a quick way to access turfgrass stress. Using an infrared thermometer will eliminate potential damage and contamination. The Turf-Tec Infrared Turf Thermometer with probe is easy to use, just pull the trigger, aim the laser and the temperature is displayed on the large, backlit display. This new unit also comes with a temperature probe so you can also test the soil temperature with one compact unit.
Using an infrared thermometer is an excellent method to check the canopy and soil temperatures in a green. An infrared thermometer can be used to monitor hot spots on a putting green. During wilt, canopy temperatures rise dramatically and the turf shows classic wilt symptoms such as leaf curling, footprinting, and an off-color appearance. In the early stages of wilt, the canopy temperature increases before any wilt symptoms are visible. An infrared thermometer can be used to check for areas that may be heating up but have not shown any visible symptoms. With this early warning tool, crew members can correct a moisture deficit earlier and reduce stress to the green.
Now with one easy to use tool, you can check canopy temperature as well as soil temperature. Unit also comes in a protective hard case.
The Turf-Tec Infrared Turf Thermometer is intended for close range targets, measuring a minimum target area of 1 inch in diameter out to a distance of approximately 8 inches, and has a 6 inch target measurement area at 4 feet.
- Simple to use
- Large, easy to read LCD backlit display
- Laser Pointer
- Detachable 8 inch deep (20 cm) soil probe
- Display Hold
- Accuracy: ±2% of reading or 2°C (4°F) whichever is greater
- Measurement Range: -76° to +932° F (-60° to +500° C)
- Overall removable Probe length: 12.5 Inches (31 cm) with 36 Inch (90 cm) cord
- Probe measuring length: 8 Inches (20 cm) Temperature reading taken at tip
- Response time: 1 second
- Ambient operating range: 0 to +50°C (32 to +122°F)
- Relative humidity: 10–95% RH non-condensing up to 86°F
- Weight / Dimensions: 179 grams(6.31 oz) / Dim: 175.2 x 39.0 x 71.9mm(6.9×1.54×2.83 inch)
- Power: 2 - AA Batteries:
- Battery life (Alkaline): Typ.180, min 140 hours continuous use (Alkaline, without Laser and Back Light.)
- Distance to Spot Size: 12:1
- Typical Distance to Target (Spot): Up to 1.5m or 4 ft
- Temperature Display: ºC or ºF selectable
- Display Resolution: 0.1°C/0.1°F
- Warranty: 1 year