Bench or floor model Jar Mills have one to six jar capacities. Rollers have simple adjustment to use jars from 2—9in (51—229mm) diameter. Mills are used for wet or dry grinding, mixing, and blending of ores, chemicals, ceramics, glass, etc. Special 2in (50.8mm) diameter neoprene rollers keep jars centered during operation. Adjustable speed settings from 0—300rpm. Welded steel frames, roller chain drives, and sealed ball bearings assure long service life. Mills operate on 115V, 50/60Hz electrical supply. Add "F" to model number for 230V/50Hz models. Grinding jars and media are ordered separately.
Grinding Jars are Roalox porcelain or premium High Alumina ceramic. Roalox has four times the wear life of ordinary porcelain. High Alumina fired ceramic has higher service life, negligible silica contamination, and polyurethane coated body to minimize breakage. Both have wide mouths for fast loading/ cleaning and neoprene gasketed lids with positive-locking bar and hand wheel. Jar capacities range from 0.3—5.6L, and diameters from 3.4—9.5in (86—241mm). Specimen capacity is approximately 25% of total jar volume. G rinding media required is approximately 50% of jar volume. Largest Jars have Est. Ship Wt.: 28lb (13kg).
Grinding Media is cylindrical with length equal to diameter for maximum surface area. Ultra high fired Burundum alumina with 3.42 specific gravity is ideal for most milling. Burundum is supplied in 10lb (5kg) packages. Premium high-density 5.55 specific gravity Zirconia mills twice as fast as alumina with less wear of grinding jars and media. Zirconia is sold in 5lb (2kg) packages.
- Totally enclosed DC drive motors permit solid-state control of roll speed.
- Machines have a speed range of between 20 and 300 RPM Designed with sheet metal pans under each tier of rollers.
- Pans contain jar contents should spillage or breakage occur Motor are 60/50 cycle, 115/110V, single phase, 220V available.
- Explosion-proof has a speed range of 160-320 RPM.
- Optionsal explosion-proof or 230/460V, 3 phase motors, revolution counter, timer, start-stop motor controls and sound proof enclosures.