Cutting mills are suitable for the grinding of soft, medium-hard, elastic, fibrous, and heterogeneous mixes of products. The new cutting mill SM 200 is a powerful and easy-to-operate instrument for efficient primary and fine size reduction. Cleaning is made particularly easy.
Within the group of the RETSCH cutting mills, it is the universal standard model which covers a vast range of applications with its strong 2.2 kW drive and 1,500 rpm rotor speed. When operated with the optional cyclone-suction-combination, the SM 200 is also suitable for grinding light sample materials or smaller quantities. In combination with the wide choice of bottom sieves, hoppers and collecting vessels, the mill can be easily adapted to varying application requirements.
Size reduction in the Cutting Mill SM 200 takes place by cutting and shearing forces. The sample comes into contact with the rotor, and is comminuted between the blades and the stationary double acting cutting bars inserted in the housing. In the 6-disc rotor, spirally arranged reversible hard metal plates operate by cutting in sequence. The knives of the parallel section rotor carry out comminution with a powerful cutting action.
The dwelling time of the sample in the chamber is short; as soon as it is small enough to pass through the openings of the bottom sieve it is discharged and collected in the receptacle. The rotorspeed of 1.500 min-1 ensures gentle and rapid size reduction. The optional cyclone-suction-combination not only has a cooling effect on the sample but also improves the discharge of material from the grinding chamber.
aluminium slag, animal feed, bones, cables, cardboard, electronic components, feed pellets, foils, food, leather, lignite, material mixtures, non-ferrous metals, paper, pharmaceutical products, plant materials, plastic toys, plastics, polymers, refuse derived fuels, resins, rubber, spices, straw, textiles, waste, wood, ...
- powerful size reduction with 2.2 kW drive
- optimum cutting effects thanks to double acting cutting bars
- quick and easy cleaning due to fold-back hopper, smooth surfaces and push-fit rotor
- defined final fineness due to bottom sieves with aperture sizes from 0.25 - 20 mm
- wide range of accessories including various hoppers, collection systems, rotors and sieves
- highest safety standards due to engine brake, central locking device, electronic safety check and safety base frame
- 18 cutting events per rotation with parallel section rotor