The RETSCH 207450001 Mixer mill MM 400 is a compact versatile bench-top unit, which has been developed specially for dry, wet and cryogenic grinding of small amounts of sample. It can mix and homogenize powders and suspensions in only a few seconds. It is also perfectly suitable for the disruption of biological cellsas well as for DNA/RNA and protein extraction. With its high performance and great flexibility the mixer mill MM 400 is a unique product in the market. Accessories Not Included.
Please order grinding jars and balls separately.
You may also be interested in the High Energy Ball Mill Emax, an entirely new type of mill for high energy input. The unique combination of high friction and impact results in extremely fine particles within the shortest amount of time.
The grinding jars of the MM 400 perform radial oscillations in a horizontal position. The inertia of the grinding balls causes them to impact with high energy on the sample material at the rounded ends of the grinding jars and pulverize it. Also, the movement of the grinding jars combined with the movement of the balls result in the intensive mixing of the sample. The degree of mixing can be increased even further by using several smaller balls. If several small balls are used (e.g. glass beads) then, for example, biological cells can be disrupted. The large frictional impact effects between the beads ensure effective cell disruption.
alloys, animal feed, bones, ceramics, cereals, chemical products, coal, coke, drugs, electronic scrap, glass, grains, hair, minerals, oil seeds, ores, paper, plant materials, plastics, sewage sludge, soils, straw, tablets, textiles, tissue, tobacco, waste samples, wood, wool, ...
- reproducible, efficient grinding, mixing and homogenization in seconds
- powerful grinding by impact and friction, up to 30 Hz for up to 20 samples per run
- 3 different grinding modes (dry, wet or cryogenic)
- screw-top grinding jars for leak-proof grinding
- 9 SOPs can be stored
- wide range of accessories including various jar and ball sizes, adapter racks for single use vials and tubes, grinding tool materials, CryoKit
- efficient cell disruption of max. 240 ml cell suspension for DNA/RNA- and protein extraction