Asphalt Mix Design Equipment
The Gilson HM-8 Vacuum Extractor with 3,000g capacity has superior design features for quantitative determination of bitumen in hot-mix asphalt paving mixtures using the vacuum method. The Extractor base is a 16in (407mm) dia. x 8in (203mm) high painted aluminum extract collection tank with carrying handles, a gauge-fitted vacuum source connection and an extract drain valve. Two sight-glass gauges are provided to monitor solvent level and color of extract during extraction. A removable funnel ring clamps filter paper and a perforated aluminum support plate to base with a Viton O-Ring seal. Sample and solvent are placed on paper inside the ring.
Improved design features anodized aluminum funnel ring for protection from corrosive solvents. Quick-action wing bolt fasteners between ring and base have no exposed threads to damage. Filter paper support plate has disk spacers to prevent collapse under vacuum.
The HM-8 Vacuum Extractor includes a Vacuum Gauge, 25 Filter Papers, Filter Support, O-Ring Seal, 4ft (1.2m) Vacuum Hose Connection, and instructions. For best results we recommend using biodegradable terpene-based solvents and HMA-54-2 filter papers. Vacuum source is required.
- Extractor tank has two sight-glass gauges and drain valve
- Quick-action wing fasteners between funnel and base
- Anodized aluminum funnel ring prevents corrosion from solvents
- HM-8 Vacuum Extractor
- 25 Filter Papers
- Fitted vacuum gauge
- Filter Support
- O-Ring Seal
- 4ft (1.2m) Vacuum Hose Connection
- Vacuum Pumps
- HMA-54 Filter Paper, Grade 613
- HMA-54-2 Filter Paper, Terpene Solvents Grade 627
- HMA-55V Vacuum Extractor Viton O-Ring Seal
- HMA-56 Diatomaceous Silica Filter Aid
- Capacity: 3,000g
- Base: 16 x 8in (407 x 203mm) Dia. x H
- Funnel Ring: 12.25 x 4.5in (311 x 114mm) I.D. x H
- Estimated Shipping Weight: 68.0lb (30.84kg)
- AASHTO T 164
- ASTM D2172/2172M