Whitehouse Sieve Standards
Whitehouse Sieve Standards provide a unique method of calibrating No.6 (3.35mm) and finer sieves with traceability to NIST. Calibrations can be performed in minutes, with no need to ship the sieves back or have them out of service. Periodic checks serve as an indicator of when to replace sieves. Each Whitehouse Standard comes as five single-use vials of glass beads for use with a single sieve size. A single vial is used for 8in or 200mm sieves, while two to five vials are used for sieves up to 18in or 450mm in diameter. After processing, the average aperture is quickly read from the calibration graph provided.
Whitehouse has been selected by the Community Bureau of Reference (BCR) to produce standards for the European Community. Whitehouse Sieve Standards are traceable to NIST and NPL as well as to BCR. The highly spherical beads are made from 2.45 specific gravity soda-lime glass and certified for size using electroformed sieves with checks using microscopy and image analysis.
Whitehouse Sieve Standards for sieves with No. 140 (106µm) opening sizes are supplied with five vials, each with a nominal weight of 1.0g.
- Ideal for calibration and performance testing of No. 140 (106µm) sieves
- Produced on NIST traceable equipment
- Quick aperture reading using calibration graph
- No. 140 (106µm) Whitehouse Sieve Standards
- Calibration graph
- Mesh Opening Size: No.140 (106µm)
- Nominal Weight per Vial: 1.0g
- Number of Vials: 5
- Estimated Shipping Weight: 1.0lb (0.45kg)