The Spring-Operated Aluminum Soil Pocket Penetrometer is used to measure compressive strength of soil.
The Pocket Penetrometer is easy to use: push the indicating ring to the highest point touching the body and insert the piston until the calibration mark is level with the soil. The easy-to-read scale indicates strength from 0 to 4.5 tons per sq ft. The reading is maintained until manually reset.
Penetrometer is constructed from anodized aluminum, a material tougher than steel, and measures 6-1/4"L x 7/8" dia. Use an Allen wrench to loosen the stainless steel pin for cleaning.
Included with purchase:
- Soil Pocket Penetrometer
- Allen Wrench to loosen pin cleaning and maintenance
- Carrying Belt Pouch for the Soil Pocket Penetrometer
Advantages of the Pocket Penetrometer:
- The new soil pocket penetrometer, weighing less than 5 ounces, reduces the human error in classification of cohesive soils.
- The penetrometer can also be used with the torsional vane shear tester (TVST) for rapid estimation of the degree of internal friction of soil.
- The pocket penetrometer is now required by OSHA on most excavation jobs and its use is mandated in the OSHA manual titled “Construction Standards for Excavation”.
- It is a spring operated device used to measure compressive strength by pushing a 0.25" (6.4mm) diameter loading piston into the material being measured up to a calibration groove machined on the piston 0.25 from the end., “easy to chew” chunks.
Purchase 10 or more Soil Pocket Penetrometers and receive special pricing of $49.95/each.