The Spring-Operated Aluminum Soil Pocket Penetrometer is used to measure compressive strength of soil.
The Pocket Penetrometer is easy to use: push the indicating ring to the highest point touching the body and insert the piston until the calibration mark is level with the soil. The easy-to-read scale indicates strength from 0 to 4.5 tons per sq ft. The reading is maintained until manually reset.
Penetrometer is constructed from anodized aluminum, a material tougher than steel, and measures 6-1/4"L x 7/8" dia. Use an Allen wrench to loosen the stainless steel pin for cleaning.
Included with purchase:
- Soil Pocket Penetrometer
- Allen Wrench to loosen pin cleaning and maintenance
- Carrying Belt Pouch for the Soil Pocket Penetrometer
Advantages of the Pocket Penetrometer:
- The new soil pocket penetrometer, weighing less than 5 ounces, reduces the human error in classification of cohesive soils.
- The penetrometer can also be used with the torsional vane shear tester (TVST) for rapid estimation of the degree of internal friction of soil.
- The pocket penetrometer is now required by OSHA on most excavation jobs and its use is mandated in the OSHA manual titled “Construction Standards for Excavation”.
- It is a spring operated device used to measure compressive strength by pushing a 0.25" (6.4mm) diameter loading piston into the material being measured up to a calibration groove machined on the piston 0.25 from the end., “easy to chew” chunks.
Whether you need one or a hundred, the Soil Pocket Penetrometer is always in stock and is ready to ship immediately.
The Soil Pocket Penetrometer is the perfect choice and the most popular choice for the lab or in-the-field testing.