Delmhorst Grain/Hay Temperature and Moisture Testers
The Delmhorst G7, distributed by Seedburo, is a rugged moisture meter for testing grain at harvest time or while in storage. It has built-in correction factors for Barley, Coffee, Corn, Flax, Hay, Oats, Rapeseed, Rough Rice, Rye, Sorghum, Soybeans, and Wheat.
The integral double-disc electrode cup holds 3–4 grams, allowing for more uniform sampling and providing accurate and repeatable readings. The G7 measures moisture content over the range of 9%–30%, depending upon the grain, and corrects for temperature over the range of 32°F–160°F (0°C–70°C). You can even attach optional accessories to check moisture in bulk material like hay or granular material like flour. The G7 also stores up to 150 readings in memory and provides useful statistics like the average or highest readings, as well as standard deviation and co-efficient of variance. Finally, the meter has a programmable offset in order to match other moisture testers and an adjustable audible alarm.
Proper use of a moisture meter provides fast, reliable results, and can help the grain producer determine if grain is at proper moisture levels in the field, in the bin, at the dryer and when selling. The newly designed G-7 Grain Moisture Meter features a powerful micro-controller circuit. It is rugged, easy to use, and provides important statistics about the meter readings. The G-7 is especially useful to test moisture content of grain at harvest time and while in storage. Or you can attach optional accessories to check moisture in hay.
- Microcontroller based circuit for greater accuracy and reliability
- Built-in correction factors for Barley, Coffee, Corn, Flax, Hay, Oats, Rapeseed, Rough rice, Sorghum, Soybeans, Wheat, and Rye.
- Built-in temperature correction over the range of 32°-160° F
- Stores up to 150 accumulated readings and displays the average and highest readings, and standard deviation and co-efficient of variance of stored readings
- Measures moisture content over the range of 6%-40% depending on grain
- Adjustable set point with buzzer to alert you when a pre-selected %MC has been reached.
- Connector for an external electrode
- Built-in calibration check
- One year warranty
- Uses 9V battery.
- Actual dims: 71/4" (L) x 6" (W) x 51/2" (H)
- Ship wt: 7 lbs, Ship dims: 15" (L) x 15" (W) x 9" (H).
Models and Parts
- G7: Grain & Hay Moisture Meter Without Case
- G7/CASE: Carrying Case For G7 Hay Moisture Meter
- 315ELE-0024: Optional Upper Electrode Assembly (Smooth Disc) for Testing Flour
- 1900: Replacement Heavy Duty Upper Electrode Assembly (Serrated Disc)
- 313CUP-006: Optional Sample Cup For Flour