The Grout Sample Box are single-use cardboard boxes and ship and store flat, taking only seconds to set up for molding. Each box yields four 3x3x6in (76x76x152mm) mortar samples. 25 boxes per carton.
The Grout Sample Box follows guidelines established in ASTM C 1019 and UBC 21-18, but avoids expensive and time-consuming construction of molding fixtures using block, spacers and filter paper. The Grout Sample Box protects field-molded samples and doubles as a shipping container. Slotted, corrugated material closely duplicates absorption characteristics of concrete masonry units and samples yield proven compressive strength values comparable to traditional molding methods. Due to the uniform size and surface characteristics of the GSB, laboratory tests are much more consistent and repeatable.
- Made in USA
- Meets ASTM C1019, Section 6
- Proven by tests to yield comparable compressive strength values to samples cast by traditional method regardless of CMU moisture content.
- Consistent, identical prism geometry is created with every set of samples
- Engineered slotted patented corrugation retains moisture while closely simulating CMU absorption rate
- Performs as mold and transport/shipping container in one
- Saves money, time, labor and space
- Assembles easily, ships and stores flat
- Yields an additional specimen as a reserve