U.S. Testing Sieves 12" Half Height Stainless Steel Frame and Mesh
The U.S. Sieves are a Brass or Stainless steel sieve with a wire mesh screen material also made of either Brass or Stainless steel that are designed to conform to specifications set by the A.S.T.M. (American Society for Testing and Materials). The majority of the sieves shown below have an 8" dia. with 2" depth (1" half-height available), however sieves are also available in diameters of 3” or 12”. Each sieve is made with your choice of the following: brass frame/brass wire cloth, brass frame/stainless wire cloth or stainless frame/stainless cloth. Frames are "Skirted" to nest together. Please contact us for assistance in identification of sieves with half-height, 3" or 12" diameters.
Part numbers can be interpreted as follows:
The mesh size is the first number based on the ASTM size sequence. Next are the two letters which represent: first the type of frame and then the type of cloth/mesh, whether in Brass (B) or Stainless steel (S). Combinations with the frame brass and the mesh stainless steel are also possible. The next number is for the diameter and the last letter is for the height either in Full (F) or Half (H) height. The height of the sieve varies with the diameter. The 8” sieves have a Full height of 2” and a Half height of 1”, where the 12” diameter sieves have a Full height of 4 ¼” and a Half height of 2”.
So a 40BB8F sieve will be 40 mesh, brass frame and brass cloth, in a 8" diameter, and will have a full height of 2 inches.
Another size such as 50SS12F, for example, will be 50 mesh, stainless frame and stainless steel mesh screen with a 12 inch diameter and full height of 4-1/4" overall.
There are additional sizes shown with a different number value. Some sizes are shown with an inch measure rather than the U.S. Sieve series mesh size. These will have the measurement size with the “ (inch) symbol as the first value. The Zero value in the first position are for the frame and skirt ONLY where customers will add their own screen material.
The sizes shown below are in alpha numeric sequence, please scan through the list based on the mesh size you need first and then for the configuration which you need.
We hope this will help you in selecting the proper sieves for your application.
- 20SS12H: US#20 12in Dia. Stainless Steel Half Height Sieve 20 Mesh
- 30SS12H: US#30 12in Dia. Half Height Stainless Steel Sieve 30 Mesh
- 40SS12H: US#40 12in Dia. Half Height Stainless Steel Sieve 40 Mesh
- 45SS12H: US#45 12in Dia. Half Height Stainless Steel Sieve 45 Mesh
- 50SS12H: US#50 12in Dia. Half Height Stainless Steel Sieve 50 Mesh
- 60SS12H: US#60 12in Dia. Half Height Stainless Steel Sieve 60 Mesh
- 80SS12H: US#80 12in Dia. Half Height Stainless Steel Sieve 80 Mesh
- 120SS12H: US#120 12in Dia. Half Height Stainless Steel Sieve 120 Mesh
- PS12H: 12in Diameter Half Height Stainless Steel Bottom Pan